The Engineering department provides technical support to District customers, developers, consulting engineers, surveyors, other governmental agencies and staff as it relates to the District’s water system.
Engineering Services and Goals:
- Develop, design, and manage construction of District improvements under the Capital Improvement Program.
- Maintain the Standard Specifications and Details for design and construction of water facilities.
- Review private and commercial development designs, and review requests for new domestic, commercial and fire services.
- Respond to public requests for data regarding district infrastructure.
- Conduct long-term planning for the District to meet short and long-term needs.
- Coordinate the District’s strategic plan through active involvement in technical organizations, regional discussion groups, and cooperation with other agencies and entities to build working relationships which will provide future benefits to the District and the region.
- Maintain the Geographic Information System (GIS) and the District’s “Available in Map (AIM)” water system mapping program.